Friday, December 6, 2013

Week Three

December 6, 2013
Hey everyone!! This week has flown by; it seems like just yesterday I was emailing you all. The MTC so far has been good, its hard to write about the MTC and experiences I have because the MTC is very repetitious and always the same. We have half our zone leaving this Monday, then the other half next Monday, so in the span of a week we will go from being the youngest in the zone to the oldest. I'm really excited to get out to Mexico and I'm really excited that I'm speaking Spanish. We are on main campus right now and we are seeing lots of Elders speaking different languages that would be so hard to speak. Spanish at least has the same alphabet, I took 3 years in high school, and I'm still having a hard time with it. Its coming fast and a lot faster than I anticipated but it is still hard learning a new language. Of course as always the MTC is very spiritually and I am learning so much everyday. We had 2 devotionals this week that were really awesome and besides that everything is the same and seems to blur together. We have lots of GYM, which is so nice to relax, we are currently teaching two fake investigators in Spanish and both are going well. I feel like I know Spanish pretty well but there is so much I still have to learn. Our teacher said that on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being fluent we are around a 2 or 3, which doesn't sound too terrible in my book. I can get through conversations and say what I need to say but there is still a lot that I would like to say that I couldn’t formulate. I can understand Spanish pretty well and even if I don't understand some words I get the gist of what they are trying to say. I do miss my family and friends but it's not as hard as I thought it would be and I usually don't have enough time to worry about how much I miss them. The only other thing I'm sad about besides leaving friends and family is the fact that I will miss out on the Seahawks' best season to win the Super Bowl. I heard about them killing New Orleans and I was really excited, and then I realized that I was going to miss the playoffs of the best team the Hawks have ever had which made me sad. This letter is going to be a lot shorter than my last two letters because there isn't really anything that stands out in my mind over this past week. We had some great lessons in class about the plan of salvation and about the book of Revelations. We also had a great Christmas message this past Sunday that I would like to share, but besides that my week has been more or less the same... As for this past Sunday the biggest thing I wanted to share was a line that really stood out to me. "This season we will all receive gifts of all sorts, but the very first gift we ever received from Christmas was Christ himself." With this gift he gave us his perfect example, The Atonement and many other gifts. So this Christmas season rather than thinking about what we are going to get our siblings or parents for Christmas we should focus on what we are going to give Christ! Some ideas include: Serving the needy and showing love unto everyone, like Jesus showed us. Keep his commandments, and be representatives of him during the Christmas season. One more thing that I thought of, that I would like to share with you, is a few Mormon messages that I really liked watching and I encourage all of you to watch these few 5 minute videos when you get the chance:

I hope you all have a safe rest of your week, I love you and miss you all and again would love to hear from every single one of you, send me a letter at:
Elder Taylor Michael Adams
Jan6 MEX-MEXW
2023 N 900 E Unit 881
Provo, UT 84602
Or even if you use www.dearelder.com I would love to hear from every single one of you, and if you write me I promise to write you back, the only catch with that is if you email me I might respond in the form of a letter because I have a lot more time to write letters than I do to email. Love you all, have an awesome Holiday season and I will be thinking about each and everyone of you!

Much Love,

Elder Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment