Monday, January 5, 2015

Be Careful What You Wish For (1/5/15)

January 4, 2015
Well, I have a little bit of bad news from this week. For New Year’s Eve we had a huge zone activity where we watched Frozen, ate pizza, and played lots of basketball. The activity was super fun until about 7 at night when I fell and twisted my ankle playing basketball. I haven’t been able to walk since and I have been on crutches. The ankle was HUGE when I sprained it, probably about 3 times its normal size. Right now it is a little less than double the size but still kills. The doctor said it would be a 4-6 week recovery and that hopefully I will be able to limp by next Pday. The funniest part of all of this was that the day before I was talking with Elder Payne about how I missed the offices and would love to go back. The day I came to the offices for my ankle he texted me saying "Be careful what you wish for Elder Adams haha"" 
I am still zone leader over my zone, and I am still in charge of doing everything a zone leader does, but I can’t leave to work. The same day one of the APs here in our mission got Chicken Pox, so he had been put on house arrest as well and we have become two pees in a pod. Him and I are companions for at least one week, probably two, and we can only go between the house and the offices. It has gotten really boring. The saddest part is that one of my investigators got baptized this week and I didn't get to see it, and the same might happen this week. Apart from that everything is going well, really boring but going really well. Our zone had 5 baptisms this week and everything is going really well in my area. Things are getting really boring here in the offices and I don’t have a lot to tell you guys about this week because the only thing I did was talk or sleep. Kind of a boring week and a little disappointing but hopefully everything starts to get betters.

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment