Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Crazy Week (4/27/15)

April 27, 2015
Well sorry for not writing last week, my companion and I took a P-day with Elder Adams and Elder McCubbins (the APs) and went all over the place shopping and hanging out. My companion and I were in the internet cafe when they called us and told us they were here so we left thinking we would write later on in the day but never got the chance to write. Just a quick update from last week, the only big thing that happened was that we baptized Maribel (and she got confirmed yesterday). She is really awesome and if you don’t remember who she is she is the wife of Eduardo (the family we baptized a few weeks back). Speaking of them we are going to Skype you from their house. I don’t know how great the Internet connection is so hopefully we will be able to do a 3 way Skype (I assume so) but we will see.

We want you guys to get to know the family Olvera Jimenez. They are such an amazing family and I love them so much!! We only have 30 minutes to chat this time but the plan is to introduce you to the family and let you guys talk for about 5-10 minutes so you can get to know them a little and then we will have 30 minutes to talk. I can’t believe it is the last time I’m going to talk with you guys before going home.... I was talking with someone the other day and I said "Yeah, it will be the last time I talk with my family before I go home, so the next time I talk to them will be in person..." This really hit me hard how fast the time is going by. The day I call you guys I will have 18 months in the mission and exactly 6 months before I go home.... Its pretty crazy how fast the time is flying. But anyways enough with my rant, we had planned to call you around 7 Sunday night (the 10th) let me know if there is a problem with that so we can fix it before Mothers day comes. Next week we have concilio so I won’t write you till next Wednesday so we will be able to firm up those plans.

Yesterday we also baptized the Mondragon Valasquez Family. This is another family that we have been working with and another family that we love a lot! They are a great family that has taken care of me the past few days while I’ve been sick. There has been a stomach infection going around and it hit me the other day. I was sick the whole weekend and still feel a little sick. I’ve been throwing up and a bad fever. It hasn’t been fun but I’m finally getting over it. The family helped me and they are a great family. The husband got to know the Elders in Houston while he was there fixing his wife’s papers. He came back and contacted us and we taught and baptized the family. They have plans to move out to Houston as a family this summer assuming that everything goes well with his wife’s papers. 

Lastly, Happy Birthday Josh!!! Hope he has a great day and a great first date ;) haha I cant believe that he is 16 already!!! How time flies by... Well I miss you all and hope you have a great week! Can’t wait to talk to you all on Mothers day!!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment