Monday, April 13, 2015

Family Baptism (4/8/15)

April 8, 2015
First off, I love the conference. The conference this year was so amazing and I love hearing the words of our beloved Prophet and apostles. This weekend my companion and I also baptized Eduardo and his family. I love this family with all my heart. They are so funny and so amazing!! Eduardo has an interview with the bishop this Thursday so he can get the Holy Ghost Sunday and get the priesthood the same day. They are preparing to do their ancestry work to go and be baptized for their family members who have passed away. It’s so hard to express my true feelings about this family over email but I love them so much. To me the picture of their baptism will mean so much more to me than to you all but I hope you can understand just a little how much I love this family. 

This week we also had concilio and our last zone conference in the change. I loved concilio this week but it was really sad for me. It is the last week of Elder Jex and I’m so sad to see him go. He was such a good friend and an amazing missionary. I’ll miss him like crazy, but hopefully he will be at college with me after the mission. We also took photos of our zone so you can see all the missionaries in my zone and my district. (Don’t know if I have told you but I’m a zone leader and a district leader). I love my zone and my district and as a zone we are finally turning things around. We have the confidence of the ward and we are working so hard with our zone. 

Lastly, this Sunday was SO stressful. We had 4 baptismal dates fall, so my companion and I did divisions and went to recover the baptism. I went with Elder Farnsworth to help a family of 3 they had who decided at the last minute that they didn’t want to be baptized, they thought they needed to know more and were a little scared about what their catholic family members would think about them. We went and were able to help them overcome their doubts and the family got baptized. We also found another miracle in another area, a recent convert mom who brought her 9-year-old daughter and asked if the Elders would baptize her. It was overall a great week but the best part of the week was the conference and baptizing the Olvera Family. 

Love you all and hope you all have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment