Sunday, September 20, 2015

September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015
Wow, this week was incredible. First things first, I got really sad this week. I was reading through my journal and found in my first change in Mexico a phrase that I had written after listening to "come thou fount" I wrote a line from that song but changed the lyrics just a little. I wrote "Here’s my heart, oh take and seal it, seal it for these next 2 years". I can’t believe that "these next 2 years" ends in 8 weeks.... I have fought a lot trying not to believe it but its really real Isn’t it? I was thinking about a question that Elder McCubbins asked me a few changes back, he asked me "Elder Adams if President called you and told you that your mission was ending tomorrow would you be able to say that you are proud of what you did that you served an HONORABLE mission"? The answer then and now is yes! I feel so good that I can say that I have given it my all to Heavenly Father in these last 2 years. I still have 8 weeks left, and I also haven’t been perfect in my mission, I have made plenty of mistakes but I can say that I have worked hard. I have given my all to my mission and have reaped the treasures that Heavenly Father has had in store for me. I love my mission, but more than anything I love what my mission has made me. I don’t want to change, I will still be the same Taylor from before the mission, with the same hobbies and loves, but with a different perspective on life, and I don’t want that perspective to change at all.

Secondly, this week we had the rededication of the Mexico City Temple. Elder Holland and Elder Irving came to dedicate the temple and they both gave incredible talks, but the talk I loved more than the rest was the first one from Elder Holland he told the story of the Saints who had build and abandoned 2 temples before arriving to Utah, and that the first thing Brigham Young said arriving at the Valley "here we will build a temple to our God". Many people asked him and questioned him how long it would take? If they would have to abandon this one also? His response really changed the way I think and really impacted me. He said "I don’t know, and I don’t care. I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, or where I will be or if this temple will be finished. But while I have had to serve I will serve my Lord and God TODAY". What a powerful message from a powerful prophet. This man understood what it meant to consecrate his life to the Lord, to give everything he can TODAY because we never know what will happen tomorrow.

I want to leave you all with my testimony that I know this church is true, that this is the church of God, and that we need to do what ALL we can do TODAY, because we might not have the chance to do it tomorrow. I want you all to know that this principle will be applied in my mission, that even though I only have 8 weeks left I will use it ALL to be in the service of my God while I have the chance. I love you all and hope you all have a great week.

Love,
Elder Adams

1. My zone
2. Part of my area, I’m out in the middle of nowhere
3. Some recent converts at the new taco shop some members opened.

4. My companion

No comments:

Post a Comment