Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 26 (Transfer!!)

May 12, 2014
Well as my family knows I got moved out of Constituyentes out to the country in a little town called Technologico. I am so excited to be here and I will talk a little more about that later. First I would like to wish all the mothers a happy Mother´s Day, especially mine, and hope you all had a wonderful day! I know I did. I got to talk with my family through Skype and it was amazing, and really hard cause I’m a crybaby! haha. Hanging up was so hard and after I finally pressed the end button I started crying. I loved talking with everyone but it was really hard to say goodbye because I know I can’t chat with you all for another 7 months!! Secondly after I chatted with my family I went and said goodbye to the Mondragon Family, who I love so dearly, of course I cried there also after Celestina started crying telling me she was going to miss me because although all the Elders are doing good here Elder Herd and I were the ones who changed their lives and they will never forget us. I am going to miss the family so so so so much but at the same time I am so excited to be here in my new area with my new companion. 

I don’t have a whole lot to say this week because I was planning on saying it all while talking with you in Skype, so mom if you would like to insert the things I said and how it was talking to me in here please do so!
*Of course talking to Taylor was the best. He looked so good and so happy. (He’s down 3 belt notches!) He was so cute telling us about his area and the transfer and when I tried to ask a question he said, “Mom, I’ve got a list. Would you mind holding your questions until I’m done?” The call was wonderful and crazy. I was in NY, for my Aunt’s funeral, so we Skyped 3-ways, with Mark and the kids on one screen and me (plus my mom, sisters, brother, nieces and nephews on another screen). That was a treat for him to see so much family! Taylor was on the third screen and was translating some of what we said to the family who’s home he was in and his companion. Mark was so impressed with both Taylor’s Spanish and his accent. He kept starting to respond to our questions (once I was allowed to ask them) in Spanish, and then he would start talking in Spanish with Mark. The hour went WAY too fast. He also had a crazy story about his day because he had to keep pushing back our talk time because he had a baptism and then didn’t and then did! There is a photo of Virginia, who Taylor just loved and was so impressed by. She works all the time, which is why the baptism was on, off, then on.*

Well to end this short letter I want you all to know how much I love you, how much I miss you and how well everything is going here. I am here in my new area and it is awesome! It is a small little town that is beautiful. They call our little town "Mundo de los zapatos" which means world of the shoes. On the main street of the town there are tons of little clothing shops and small mom and pop shops, and every other little store is a shoe store with tons of really nice (knockoff) shoes for really cheap. It is so beautiful here and I can’t wait to take pictures and show you all how pretty it is out here in Toluca. Secondly, my companion is awesome and I can already tell we are going to get a long really, really well. He is so nice and humble and has a crazy background!!!!! He is from Panama and loves Martial Arts. He has 6 black belts and 5 brown belts in different forms of Martial Arts. His family owns a really, really nice island off the cost of Panama which is basically like a huge family name (saga) that owns the island. His job was to protect the island from Pirates who would come and try and steal things and drug trafficking. Normally what the guards of the island (like him) do is break the backs of the pirates and then kill them. He protects the island but won’t kill anyone because he found the church when he was 15, after searching for a religion on his own, and has decided not to ever kill anyone. This change is going to be lots of fun and I am so excited! Love you all and miss you tons! 

Love,
Elder Adams




No comments:

Post a Comment