Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 27 (New Area)

May 19, 2014
Wow this week absolutely flew by! I miss you all as usual but things are so much easier with a companion that I love!! My area is beautiful and we are having lots of success but in some aspects it is really hard. My area, like I said before, is tons of country land! We have our main town or city called San Mateo Atenco, which is where we live, and 3 little, little teeny tiny towns out in the middle of nowhere. (I will post pictures of our walk to one of those towns). The area is beautiful and I love it. Our main street (Independencia- if you’d like to Google map it) is FILLED with tiny shoe and clothing shops. The girls in the family would be in heaven here. There is one shop on the strip that sells all types of flats and Toms, all colors, patterns and sizes, and right now are having a sale so that each pair of shoes in the shop cost 100 pesos!! For those who don’t know, that is like 8 dollars. Because we’re out in the "Ranches" our area is huge and even though we don’t have tons of stairs or hills, like my last area, there have been times when we have walked 50 minutes to an appointment and it is the worst when they aren’t even there so we then walk 20 to 30 minutes to our next appointment. Also out here in the pueblos the sun is a lot hotter, and when we are walking all day the sun really starts to beat down on you. Even though that is hard and I have lots and lots of blisters, the area is amazing and so far I love it!

My new zone is called Lerma. We are the newest zone in the whole mission and President just barely opened this zone 2 changes ago, in February. We are the smallest zone in the whole mission with 14 missionaries but I love the zone! Our zone leaders are so awesome and make everyone feel so welcomed and loved! Elder Vargas is one of the zone leaders and he is so funny! He is so kind, enthusiastic, and always has so much animation. Secondly, my companion is amazing! Even though the mission is still hard and there are still hard things, having a good companion makes everything a million times better!! We have so much fun together, share lots and lots of stories and have had so many fun nights just hanging out. He is from Panama but actually spoke a dialect before his mission and learned Spanish here. A lot of people there speak Spanish so he understood it almost perfectly when he came but couldn’t speak it very well. He is pretty much a Ninja and loves martial arts and has some really cool, crazy stories!!

The work here is going really, really well. We have 6 people on date to be baptized the 1st or 2nd week of June and have a lot of new people that we are teaching. My companion told me that President called him and talked about me before changes (which isn’t normal) My companion has dropped a million hints that President wants to call me to be district leader next change while my companion goes to another area for his last change and trains someone. My companion keeps teaching me things about how to be district leader so what I imagine is that President called him and told him that he wanted him to train me so I can be the next district leader in the area, which would be cool but a little intimidating.

Well so far this week has been awesome! And I surely hope that rest of the change continues on at this pace. I love and miss everyone so much and hope you are all doing really well! Love you all!!

Love,
Elder Adams


PS I attached some pictures of the area, it is beautiful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment