Saturday, October 25, 2014

José Juan y Ofelia (10/25)

October 25, 2014
Wow where to start this week... I guess I’ll start from last Sunday. Last Sunday we had an AMAZING sacrament meeting. Our Bishop got released and called into the Stake Presidency and so he spoke, the new bishop spoke, and the Stake President spoke. To top it all off a young man who has been helping us a ton recently gave his farewell and it was so amazing!! The thing that I loved about this Sacrament meeting was the talk that our Stake President gave at the end. To understand the story you need to know that Jacob Salinas (The boy who just left on his mission) is the son of Elder Salinas (Member of one of the quorums of the 70). The Stake President gave a talk about the eternal impact of Missionary work. He told a story about his mission in Tijuana and a man that had let them in the door eager to listen to the message. The taught the first discussion and it went so well that as they were leaving the man insisted that they stay and teach him more. They taught him all of the lessons in one sitting, he accepted a baptismal date, got baptized, then our Stake President left the area. He was telling this story to Elder Salinas and Elder Salinas asked what the name of this man was, he gave him the name and Elder Salinas responded "That is my wife's father..." because of the conversion of this one man millions of lives have been changed. Sister Salinas has 6 brothers who all served missions. Now Jacob the son of Sister Salinas is about to go on his mission also. The coolest part for me was listening to that talk while sitting next to José Juan and his wife Ofelia. They were the family who got baptized later that same night who are honestly the best converts I have in the whole mission. They have such strong testimonies and love the gospel so much. They were sitting there with their two sons, Alan and Angel. With the strength of their testimony and the amazing ward that Alan will grow up in could just imagine Alan heading out on his mission. They are such a wonderful family that I love so much, They already have plans to enter in the temple 1 year from their confirmation date (tomorrow). This would be such a cool experience because one year from tomorrow I will be in the last weeks of my mission and it would be the coolest thing to go seem them get sealed for time and all eternity. What a wonderful family and I will be sure to attach of photo of their baptism. 

Until today the rest of the week was fairly boring, just a normal week in the offices, working and doing the usual. This morning for Pday my companion and I went to Zócolo again with Elder Ramirez because it is his last Pday in the offices (we are getting a new AP tomorrow). We went and bought some ties, ate some Tacos al Pastor and bought the classic soccer Nike shoes they sell here in Mexico. My companion, Elder Ramirez and I all got the classic shoe but in different colors, all neon colors of course. I will be sure to add pictures of the massive meat we ate, as well as the shoes I bought.

Lastly I almost forgot, but yesterday a recent convert from my companion’s home ward came to Mexico on a mountain climbing adventure and got permission from President to meet with us. He is a really cool guy, huge into mounting climbing, and right now is training to climb Mount Everest. My companion was a big mountain climber before the mission and we promised each other we would take a trip up to Seattle together and climb Mt. Rainier after the mission. Things are going really well with my companion and I. We are working so well together and he really reminds me of Barnes, to the T. Well I love you all, I hope you all have a great week!!!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment