Saturday, October 4, 2014

Not a Whole Lot (10/4/14)

October 4, 2014
Well this week has been really kind of boring. Not much has happened. We have been preparing all of our investigators for general conference and have had a ton of stuff to do here in the offices. The week has gone by faster than any week here in the mission I'm sure of it. I swear I was writing you all an email yesterday. The best thing that happened to us was last Saturday that night we found a guy in the street who is amazing!! We had an amazing first lesson with him. He accepted a baptism date and is coming to conference tomorrow. His name is Isaac and he pretty much told us he believes in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. He was Catholic but then read in the bible that we shouldn't worship anyone but God and so left the church and is just looking to find more about the word of God. The other great thing that has happened is actually in process, general conference. General Conference has been SO good, we are right now in between sessions and I have loved all of the talks. We have had to listen to all of them in Spanish, and even though I understand it all and still get things out of it, I feel like I get so much more out of the English talks still and I miss seeing and hearing the emotion that he speakers put into their talks. I want to hear Elder Holland chastise the whole audience, or President Uchdorf’s wonderful accent, or President Erying start choking up. That is what I miss most about the English talks. The good news is that we will be able to listen to them in the offices, as we work this, week in English. Well that pretty much sums up my week, pretty boring right?? Well I love you all and hope you are all having a great time at home. Pay close attention to all of the talks this weekend, recognize the importance of general conference and find ways to apply the teachings in your lives!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment