Friday, October 24, 2014

More Baptisms (10/18/14)

October 18, 2014
Good Morning United States!! Sorry we are on kind of early but we have a busy day playing soccer, taking naps, and eating lots of food ahead of us... haha. Well this week has rushed by, I swear I was writing you all yesterday. We had a good week and we are seeing the fruits of our hard work. Last week we baptized Sara, the wife who flaked out about 4 weeks ago. She is really awesome and just needed a little more time. The baptism was awesome and I attached a picture, but just a quick funny story about the baptism.... She was getting in the water (which was freezing because the boiler wasn't working...) but when she got in she dropped a swear word, covered up her mouth really quick and then said, "well good thing I’m about to be clean of all my sins"... hahaha it was super, super funny. Tomorrow we have the baptism of Juan and Ofelia, they really are the best investigators I have ever had in my whole mission. I love the Mondragon Family more, and spent more time with them, but this couple have already have a stronger testimony that 75 percent of the members I have seen in Mexico. They love the Book of Mormon, read it all the time and help us teach other people about the gospel. They are getting baptized tomorrow and my companion and I are so excited! Lastly, we found a big family last week that we have started teaching who are pretty awesome, but the grandma is the best out of all of them, she loves everything we teach her. The best was last night we put baptismal dates with all of them and we went in the circle one by one and asked "When you come to know that the things we are teaching are true will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone who holds this authority of God?" She was the third one we asked and she cut us off in the middle of the question and said "Yes it’s true, it’s all true, I know it" Then we started to ask if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and again she cut us of saying "Yes, yes I will" It was really cool. I love being a missionary so much. To see the change in people’s lives and to really see the happiness the gospel brings to these people that I come to love them as if they were my own family. I love you all so much but I love the mission just as much. I don’t want my year mark to come, much less my time to go home. I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment