Sunday, September 14, 2014

District Leader, Amazing Companion and BAPTISM


September 13, 2014
Wow this week has been so wonderful!! My new companion and I are getting along so great!! Elder Bastian and I are going to be best friends!! He reminds me so much of Barnes and we have such a good time together. It is great!! Starting Monday I will be the new District Leader here in Palmas, which is pretty much the offices and the sick bay. I will have the APs in my district, my companion, all the senior couples and two sisters who have parasites (President always puts sick sisters in the district so he came keep a close eye on them as well.)
This week was really pretty much the same. We struck out with so many people and didn't get to really visit anyone except for Francisco and Sara. They are the best investigators EVER!!! They had a baby die when he was really, really young and wasn't baptized and so the pastor of the Catholic Church told them he was in hell because of them. They completely left church all together until we came along and our contact was about eternal families so they let us in. We taught them lesson 2 after finding out about their son and they loved the lesson. They read the Book of Mormon everyday and told us that their goal is to get sealed in the temple to live with their son forever. She told us "Before I was pretty much anti-Church but since I met you guys I look forward to church every Sunday, I've found the Church for me." They are the best!!!! I love them so much. They were smoking, but the day after we taught them about the Word of Wisdom they said if that's what God wants then that's what we will do, and they haven't looked back! They still have to get an interview tonight, but assuming everything goes well they should be getting baptized tomorrow. Sorry not a whole lot happened this week but the few things that did happen are really cool and exciting.
Elder Bastian and I played basketball today and we had a lot of fun. I love this work, I love what I am doing and I hope you are all staying strong and reading your scriptures. I love and miss you all so much and will be thinking about you during the 15 of September (the fourth of July for Mexico) except they pretty much celebrate it for the whole month of September. People are always going around saying VIVA VIVA MEXICO!! haha well have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment