Saturday, September 27, 2014

Basketball Tourney (September 27, 2014)

September 27, 2014
Well this week went by so so so fast. We have been working really really hard and are going to have a lot more people at church this Sunday, we have 2 baptism dates for next month and we are hoping one of their family members would make three. The sisters here in Palmas are doing well and working really hard also. It has been such a great change so far and I love my companion. I can’t believe that I’m coming up on 11 months..... wow.... The time is flying by so so so fast. This week we also had zone conferences, and President asked my companion and I to go with him. That was a really cool experience and I love being with President so much. This experience is something I will never forget and I love my time here in the offices. Speaking of unforgettable experiences my companion and I had one today:

My companion and I went to Zócalo (the heart of Mexico City) today just to go shopping, see the sites and all of that, and then we found a huge Basketball set up in the middle of Zócalo with like 20 out door basketball courts and tons of people playing and watching. After asking around a bit we found out it was a huge National 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament for all of Mexico, there were tons of courts but there were two courts set aside just for shooting around and having fun so my companion and I went over in our white shirt and ties to shoot around. After a little while we had asked a team that was shooting around if they wanted to play, they said yea but we have 3. We told it wasn't a problem and that we would play 2 on 3. My companion and I beat them, but meanwhile another team was watching and wanted to play us after, we beat them to. Before you know it we had beaten 5 teams straight playing 2 on 3 and tons of people came over to the court where no one was originally. Everyone had phones out videoing us playing and laughing and cheering on the two white missionaries. Before you knew it the camera crew came over also to start filming us also... We won multiple games before having to go but it was so cool because after everyone came up and talked to us and treated us like we were superstars and we got to contact a few people and get some references, but overall it was such a cool experience!! 

I love this work so much, I love everything I am doing and even though I miss you all so much and even though the time is so far away, I'm going to be so sad to finish my mission and say goodbye to Mexico. The mission has made such a huge impact on the person I am and I am sure for the person I will be for the rest of my life, there is nothing better and there is no other place Id rather be.

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment