Monday, March 23, 2015

March 11, 2015

March 11, 2015
Well this week President dropped a bomb on us in our Leadership meeting. He completely changed the culture of the mission. He has been doing a good job at not trying to step on the feet of the old President, and not changing the mission too drastically but almost all the missionaries that started with the old President are gone now and so he took the time to change EVERYTHING. He put a huge emphasis on baptizing real converts. We were baptizing with 4 church attendances but now we have to do it with 5, we also had a big culture in the mission of "Sacando fechas" or going to visit someone who has the number of time in church sufficient to get baptized but doesnt wanting to and being there "taking out the baptismal date" and convincing them to get baptized. We are no longer aloud to do that and the interviews now are going to be a lot stricter, before we would baptize people who believed that Joseph Smith was a prophet but didn’t really have a testimony of him or of the book of Mormon but now we have to be a lot stricter on our interviews and really baptized people who are ready to be baptized.

My companion and I had to drop the news to the zone yesterday in our zone meeting but it went really well. I think we did a really good job and we had a really great zone meeting about how we are going to change with the mission and how we can still have lots of success but we need to do it in the right way and how we are going to do it. I am super dead now because my companion and I stayed up till about 2 am Monday night planning the zone junta.... Being a zone leader is so tiring... there are never breaks and I think I average about 5-6 hours of sleep every night but some how I still have the strength the keep going. 

This week we have 2 baptismal dates and we are really excited, we also have a few people who are progressing well and are finding lots of success in our area, working really, really hard and doing everything we can to help the people here in this area find the truth.

Well overall it was a great week, I love concilio because we learn so much and I get to see all my friends from the mission. I got to see Elder Jex, Elder Bastian and we now have 5 people from our generation in concilio as zone leaders. 

Love you all and hope you have a great week!! 

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment