Monday, March 23, 2015

Two Years (3/23/15)

March 23, 2015
Wow! Well 2 years ago, this week, is when I made the decision to go back out on the mission. To this day, it has been the best decision I have ever made in my whole life!!! I love the mission with all my heart, and I love how much I have changed and how far I have come. I want to send a shout out to Tyler and Barnes and thank them for what they did for me 2 years ago. Can’t believe that they are getting home so soon but before you know it Ill be out there with them again. The mission is flying by and I can’t believe I have 7 1/2 months left.... how crazy... I also wanted to send a shout out to all my friends and family members who are having Birthdays soon, namely Madison Huish, and Emily. HAPPY BRITHDAY!!! 

Well this week flew by.... just like all the other weeks but I had some great experiences, one of those seeing Elder Herd!!! Or should I call him Collin? We had a meeting with the stake president of Lerma this week (a meeting with President Whitehead, the stake pres, the zone leaders in that stake, and the APs) and Elder Herd was in town so he came with President to say hi!! It was so awesome seeing him again. I love Elder Herd so much and to this day he is still my best companion. I learned so much from him and I am so grateful for the change I had with him. This week we worked a lot with la familia Mondragon, and the family Olvera. They are both progressing really well. This week we should be baptizing the Mondragon family (Fernando, Paloma, and Josslin). The other family (the Olvera family) are doing SOO well. The dad (Eduardo) and his kids came to church for the 2nd time this week and they LOVE the church. Eduardo stayed for all three hours, came back to see the baptism we had, and then stayed for a 2 hour Priesthood meeting. I love that family so much and I love teaching families!! I was thinking about all the people I would want to come back and visit or all the best converts I have/investigators soon to be converts, and they are ALL families. Teaching families is so great and I love the feeling of helping a complete family change their life and find the happiness the gospel supplies. 

This week I also had the chance to baptize Jorge. Jorge is an investigator of the Sisters and one of the best investigators I have ever met. He is REALLY smart, loves reading and has actually read most of the book of Mormon, almost all of Gospel Principles and the Doctrine and Covenants. Jorge and I have so much in common and we became really good friends. I had the wonderful opportunity to do his interview and he asked me if I would baptize him. I love Jorge so much and there is nothing like finding and seeing people who are so chosen getting baptized, I love it!!!

Lastly, something I haven’t done frequently enough is share my testimony. I have been getting so caught up in everything that has been going on that I rarely remember to bare my testimony of the things I am doing. I want everyone reading this to know that I know of a surety that this is the church of God, reorganized here on the earth. I know that through Joseph Smith our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ restored their church and authority to preform the ordinances necessary to live with them again. I know without a doubt that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that I am helping him in his great and marvelous work. I am literally helping our brothers and sisters go back and live with our Heavenly Father, and that everything that God does to help us he does because he loves us and we are his children. I know this to be true, and this is the most important principle in the whole gospel, because everything else in the gospel is done for that reason. God sent his only begotten son because he loves us. He gave us prophets because he loves us, and above all has given us the way to return to him because we are his beloved children. I love you all, and hope you all have a great week and can find the same happiness that I have found here on the mission.

Love,
Elder Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment