Tuesday, October 6, 2015

September 21. 2015

September 21, 2015
Well Everyone this is the last week of the change, which means that this week I will find out where and with who I will be spending my last change in the mission (the last 6 weeks).... I am almost 100 percent sure that I will stay here in Sauces and I think I will either train another missionary, or stay with my companion. Its really weird to be in the finally stretch of the mission. Its been really hard staying focused knowing that I’m about to start my last 6 weeks of the mission.... I hope you all know how excited I am to come home, but also how little I want to leave Mexico and come back from the mission. I love the mission with all my heart, I do miss some worldly things (league of legends, basketball, friends, family, facebook, etc) but I wouldn’t change these last 2 years for the world, the things that I have learned, the people I have come to love (especially converts), the testimony I have grown is indispensable. 

This week we went to see some of our investigators that had come to church twice but didn’t seem to be progressing very well. Only the mom really seemed interested and so it was really hard to go and teach them because if the mom wasn’t there no one would let us in. We went this week and found the mom (Norma) and we found her balling she has been going through some really hard times with her Husband and mother in law and were at the point of getting a divorce. We came and gave her a blessing and the whole family is now much more receptive after our visit. We testified of the love that Christ has for each one of them and the love that he has for their family, and that if they follow the teachings of Christ and follow his example to be baptized they would see incredible changes in their family. The accepted that challenge to be baptized but still haven’t accepted a date. We will be working with them and hope to baptize them within the next 2 weeks. The father and the mom came to church this Sunday by themselves and the messages were EXACTLY what they needed to hear. I hope this week the put in practice the talks they heard and can start to see the changes in their family. 

Lastly, there is a family of recent converts that I love so much. We get a long so well and even though they aren’t my converts it feels as if they were, they love me and I love them with all my heart. We have been helping them a lot and they have been helping us also. Israel came with us to teach Norma and Nicolas (the family from the paragraph above) and he is so powerful. His testimony is so strong and I know that we are going to see a lot of success from working with him. We helped him prepare to receive the Melchizedek  Priesthood and he asked me to ordain him. I had the wonderful opportunity to ordain Israel to the office of Elder. He is so incredible and I love him and his family so much. That will be the only photo I have for you guys this week but it is Israel and I, with the tie I gave him. 

I hope you all have a great week and keep working hard in every aspect, love you all!!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment