Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 3, 2015

June 3, 2015
This week is going to be a short letter but everything is going well here. I love my new area, there are so many great people to teach and we are marrying a couple this week and they are getting baptized this weekend. They are such an amazing couple and it is so exciting to see a young family start to find the gospel at a young age. The husband is 26 and the wife 24. They have two young kids and it is so great to image the happiness this family is going to be able to experience for the rest of their time together on this earth. We also have a few other people progressing well and they should be getting baptized towards the end of the month. I love working closely with Elder Adams and Elder Morarrez and I are getting along really well. The time is flying by... I’ve only got about 22 weeks left in the mission and then I’ll be headed home. I am still excited to go home but it’s a sad excitement because I can’t imagine leaving this life behind. I can’t imagine leaving Mexico and all these people that I have grown to love behind. I can’t imagine what it will be like not putting on my nametag everyday and being able to tell people that I’m a representative of Jesus Christ. I love the mission with all my heart and I don’t know where I would be without the mission. I’m so grateful for President Whitehead, Sister Whitehead, and all of the great friends I have made here on the mission. Every single one of these people have changed my life for the best.

This week we had a great concilio with President and I learned a lot about making sure we do the small things. Ive never been a disobedient Elder in my whole mission, but recently I have let a few things slide, not as far as a obedience but just letting the little things slide and I have really seen the difference in these last few days applying everything again. I also got permission from President Whitehead to read the miracle of forgiveness here on the mission. The book is really, really direct, but I love it, it inspires me and makes me want to be such a better person and missionary. I love you all and hope you have a great week, know that you are always in my prayers and that I couldn’t have asked for a better family.

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment