Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May 25, 2015

May 25, 2015
Well today we had changes, my new companion is Elder Monarrez. He is from Chicago but is part Mexican. He speaks Spanish really well and we are serving as zone leaders in my first zone, Culturas. This means that I am in the zone with the Mondragon Family (the big family of 15 that I baptized my first change) I am going to go see them on a P day and I’m super pumped. The zone is kind of a dangerous zone, there are 10 companionships of Elders and 2 of Sisters (as apposed to my old zone 6 companionships of Sisters and 4 of Elders). My new area is called El Molinito. Sorry mom you’ll have to keep praying (and maybe a littler harder ;)) because this is the most dangerous area in the whole mission. Nothing ever happens to the missionaries so don’t worry but every now and again busses get robbed while we are on board or there will be dead people in the street. Its kind of a sketchy area but there are tons of people who want to hear a message from God, because with all the gang violence and drugs that are found in this area, Parents want to be able to protect their children and give them a better path. 

Although I am really excited about my new area and companion it was so hard to say goodbye to the families I grew to love, especially Eduardo and his family. We all cried last night when I went to say goodbye and they are easily my favorite converts in the whole mission. We took lots of photos with them and Ill send a few photos so sorry if there are multiple pages of photos. Well love you guys, thanks for all your love and support, hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment