Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May 20, 2015

May 20, 2015
Well this week was so amazing... but pretty awful at the same time. To start out with last week my companion and I worked so hard to find success and we found a lot of new people to teach, committed a lot to come to church and were feeling really good until Sunday came around and EVERYTHING fell. Then later that night I got really, really sick.... We had to wake up at 3:30 Monday morning to go to our mission tour with Elder Nash from the first quorum of the 70, but I went to bed at 12 and spent the whole night throwing up and gave myself a fever. It was so hard and so awful waking up at 3:30 to go to DF with the zone but I felt the need to.... and that’s when the week turned around...

First off, Elder Nash is SO inspired, he is the most inspired man I have ever met one on one. On a mission tour usually the general authority comes and talks all the missionaries, all the members and then has a leadership council with the APs the zone leaders and the sister training leaders. We have the meeting tomorrow which I am so excited about, but something that Elder Nash also did is he asked to interview 4 people: 3 people who are struggling in the mission that he would be able to help and one of the leaders from the mission. President and Elder Nash chose me to be interviewed. It was one of the most spiritually experiences of my life, one that I can’t even relate through email, I already tried to relate it to another friend but the feelings I had about this interview can’t be put into words. He made me some of the most incredible promises I have ever heard. He is SO inspired and I learned so much from him in the conference and interview I had. 

Even though I’m still sick as a dog the week has been pretty amazing just for that reason. I love the mission. I love my Heavenly Father. I love the plan that he has made for us and for sending us a Savior so that we could be saved. I love this gospel with all my heart and for the rest of my life I want to do everything I can to support the church and the missionary program. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment