Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 8, 2015

June 8, 2015
Well this week blew by... we spent a lot of time traveling and getting the couple we are teaching married and they got baptized yesterday! They are such a great family, they love the Book of Mormon and study all the time. They are such a great family that I love so much. We had some struggles in our area this week just for the lack of time we had to work in it. We brought a few people to church and found a few new investigators but the week really just flew by, I spent a lot of time studying yesterday because we had the elections, and well being in a dangerous area we got sent to our house early. I love studying the scriptures and I wish I had more time to really dive in and get to know them so much better. I also got Presidents permission to read "The Miracle of Forgiveness" here on the mission and I love the book, it is really harsh and really direct but I love reading it and learning more about the atonement and how much we need it in our own lives. Well I don’t know what more to say... I wrote you like 5 days ago, and in those 5 days the only thing that really happened is that we had a baptism. 

Oh, one thing that we are planning that is really cool is something called "Las Aguas de Culturas" my companion and I came up with the sweet idea to have a huge zone baptismal service. The 28th of this month is Stake conference here in Culturas and so we are preparing everyone and making sure everyone has someone to baptize that Sunday. We will all be in the stake center anyways so right after stake conference we are going to have a HUGE baptismal service (we are expecting about 15 people to be ready and baptized together that day). We talked with President Whitehead and our Stake President and both are going to be there and are really excited. We will be able to invite EVERYONE from the stake who is at the conference to the baptismal service and get all the members in the stake pumped to work in the work of salvation.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!! 

Love,
Elder Adams
PS like always here are some photos from this week:

1. Elder Higbee and I at concilio with the Bibs that Maribel made us :)
2. A cool photo in the baptismal font from yesterday.

3. Us and the family that got baptized yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment